Postdoc opportunity in Microbial Ecology of Forest Soils
The Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology (Czech Academy of Sciences) is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The position is offered for an initial period of one year, but may be extended for up to three years. The position is open until filled, starting date is negotiable (expected before 1st September 2022).
About the postdoctoral position
The successful candidate will join the international consortium of the H2020 project “HoliSoils” that explores the effects of forest management on ecosystem processes such as greenhouse gas fluxes, C storage and biodiversity preservation. The person will be involved in the study of the structural and functional response of the soil microbiome to forest management, disturbances and global change across Europe and will have the opportunity to collaborate with a number of leading groups in this research field. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for coordination of experimental work of the project partners.
- PhD degree in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology, botany, forestry or similar.
- Experience in microbial biodiversity or microbial ecology.
- First-authored papers in leading interdisciplinary journals or high-ranking IF journals in the fields of ecology, microbiology, soil science or forest research
- Excellence in English and good communication skills
- Motivation for independent scientific work in the field defined by the aims of the proposal
- Previous involvement in projects focusing on forests or soils represents an advantage
- Experience with advanced statistical methods, modelling approaches or large data management represents an advantage
- During the appointment, the person will be based in the Czech Republic
How to apply?
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals (such as PhD or postdoc supervisors) who can provide reference. Contact person: Petr Baldrian ().